Linden Lab is working on some updates for the Second Life platform. Below is a list of the improvements that have been made and will shortly be launched to improve the virtual world of Second Life.
Second Life Improvements:
1. Reduced lag to entire sim caused by teleporting
2. Textures loading faster via HTTP Textures moving most assets to Amazon S3 platform along with a caching service. 2011 will see an improved content delivery network
3. New Chat Service in development that will use XMPP in 2011.
4. Increase in Group Limits from 25 to 40.
5. Many Viewer 2 improvements.
6. Code now deployed on weekly basis using Agile.
8. Mesh Import