Updated. Below is a new video interview with Mark Kingdon Chief Executive Officer of Linden Lab, creator of Second Life. The video interview discusses the launch of the new Second Life browser viewer (a new client – no it’s not browser based you still have to download and install something).
Top Features of New Second Life 2.0 Viewer:
1. Incorporates more social networking features (such as Avatars United)
2. Place web pages, video, Flash content, and other web media, onto any surface in Second Life
3. Ability to use applications like Google Docs in the viewer
4. A sliding right-hand panel of features
5. Alpha Masks to mask out parts of base avatar
6. Better management of profile, contacts, groups, landmarks, inventory, and appearance
8. The new viewer is very simplified
9. Custom Names and Notes to Landmarks
The video is about 20 minutes long. Below that is a new high definition tutorial overview of Viewer 2. Check it out below.